Before you start
Understand the 3 major targeting options:
If you want to target a group of people that most likely haven’t heard of your business yet.
• Location - Target people based on locations
• Demographics - Target people based on their demographics
• Interests - Target people based on what they’re more likely interested in
• Behavior - People based on their overall online behaviors (not related to the behavior on your site)
• Connection - Target people with certain relationships with your pages
If you want to target a group of people that already know you.
• Contact Lists - Target people that match your customer contact list. (Phone numbers or email addresses)
• App Users - Target people who use your App.
• Site Visitors - Target people that have already visited your website.
• Engagement on Facebook - Target people that engaged with your content on Facebook.
If you want to target a group of people that most likely haven’t been to your business yet, but share very similar characteristics with your customer audience or a segment of your audience (e.g. customers).