Whether you are a homeowner, who has decided, it’s time to sell his house and relocate, or a potential buyer, seeking the so-called home of your dreams (the American Dream of home ownership), you will have the choice of either doing so on your own, or using the services of, and is represented by a quality, experienced, professional, real estate agent. Some believe they will get a better deal when they do so on their own because there will be no, or fewer commissions. However, according to the National Association of Realtors, or NAR, homeowners, generally net more, even after considering these, than those who do so alone. Buyers also benefit because the right agent has the local knowledge to properly provide you with relevant, professionally prepared, Competitive Market Analysis (or CMA), so you have a better idea of market value and the competition. With that in mind, this article will attempt to examine, review, consider, and discuss eight critical reasons homeowners benefit from using suitable real estate agents for their specific needs and situation.
1. Local knowledge: Although markets, and times, change in a vast number of circumstances, you will get your best offers in the first few weeks after it’s listed on the market. Therefore, from the start, pricing it right often makes the difference in a significant, major way!
2. Marketing expertise: The right agent will create a customized, personal marketing plan, which addresses your specific residence and property, location, etc., as well as your priorities, needs, etc. There is no one – size – fits – all marketing process, so using a quality real estate professional often makes a significant difference.
3. Agent’s network: Those who try to sell their house on their own often discover that they fail to attract as many potential buyers as those using a professional. This is referred to, as an agent’s network, which includes the critical tool, of listing the property, on the Multiple Listing Service, etc.
4. Hold the client’s hand: The process of selling one’s house is often a stressful one, so using a professional, who has been through it before, and has a better idea of what to expect and anticipation, eases many of these stresses. Seek someone patiently willing to hold your hand through the entire process.
5. Explanations/ expectations/ modifications: Wouldn’t it help to have clear explanations rather than assuming or guessing? Many homeowners have excessive or wrong expectations, and the individual who represents you must have the inner strength to explain his reasoning and strategies fully. In addition, modifications in marketing and design planning are necessary, and someone with more experience and expertise is far better positioned to guide you properly.
6. Convenience: Do you want to have to stick around the house to show the property, or wouldn’t it make sense to hire someone to do so professionally? Open – houses are only a tiny component of the overall strategy!
7. Negotiating: Professionally negotiating on your behalf benefits the client! Wouldn’t a professional do a better job in most cases?
8. From transaction stage through closing: Hire someone who will be there for you, from the initial listing stages, showings, marketing, and service, to the transaction stage until the closing and house transfer are completed!
These are only eight advantages of hiring the right person to represent your real estate needs. Focus on your needs, interview several, and choose the right agent for you!