Commercial real estate people today are of high value to the listing and marketing process when it comes to selling or renting property. They have far more local market knowledge and up to date information when it comes to marketing, negotiating, and closing. On that basis, they can achieve a far better result in the sale or a lease of property than the same property that could be marketed by the property owner themselves.
Those ‘for sale by owners’ that like to try the marketing and promotion process themselves, are now turning to agents in desperation to create enquiry, and to achieve a better marketing result for the property.
Unfortunately many of those owners may have significantly destroyed their market opportunity through incorrect marketing, poor pricing, and little regard for sending the right message out regards their property.
Top Agents Know the Rules
Top commercial agents understand how to work in these difficult times, and how to tap into the levels of enquiry that are currently available. Top agents have a significant database of current enquiry to use and optimize with quality listings. Property owners need that skill, and we can and should charge a good commission for that.
The best commercial real estate people understand the process of marketing and negotiating. Even in tough and slow market conditions, they can create interest, inspections, and offers. The property owner needs to be flexible and realistic regards current market conditions and levels of enquiry.
Here are some of the critical tasks that form part of the role of a commercial real estate salesperson:
- They know how to generate enquiries for listings of all types.
- They understand what is going on with regard to different property types in sales, leasing, and property management.
- They know what the prospects are looking for in purchasing or renting property today
- They know how to target market the property and will be personally prepared to take that process to the right people and in the right way.
- They draft high quality adverts, and provide specific marketing solutions to spread the message for each and every property listing.
- They understand how to take an inspection of a property so that the features of the property are well established and conveyed.
- They know how to negotiate and close on the deal given the current market conditions and the priorities of the client
- When the transaction is confirmed on a contract or a lease, they know how to move the deal forward to settlement and lease completion.
- They know how to accurately complete the appropriate documentation in keeping with the property type, the situations, the parties to the deal, and the local property laws.
So this salesperson is quite specifically knowledgeable and skilled. The understand how to build an exceptional business around them and link with high quality prospects and clients. Top agents are like this, and the process to get there is available for everyone. It is just a matter of personal improvement and personal focus.
by John Highman
Leave a Reply